I'd just like to comment that I really appreciate the way our family is. Over Christmas, I know that both Jessie and I realized how different our families are from our goy counterparts. I got off of work and went over to their house and watched TV while Tim worked on their house. Jessie sits in silence sometimes. I have been living here for 4 mos, all by myself, and have not seen the O'Briens, or Kevin for that matter, outside the obligatory holiday meetings. I find that weird. Even Tim, who has friends in Milwaukee, is invited to whatever you guys are doing, is called over for dinner because mom is worried he's not eating well on his own, and has been there many times when I have called! Its my birthday, and I don't think I'll hear from my in-laws... Well, besides the e-card I got from Cathie. Not bad, just a wake-up call for how great our family is, and how close we are. Even last night, I could talk to Jessie for like an hour, and at the same time, have a call from mom and hear dad's frustration in the background!! (I hope you got that straightened out, by the way.)
So, I love you family! I miss you guys tons. I can't wait until Chanukkah and our birthday celebrations!! On Saturday, we are going to the Lakefront Brewery tour, which I am REALLY excited about!! Everyone says they have a lot of fun there.
So, I guess I get the first blog of the new year! Its my 27th year on this earth. Apparently I only get 29, so I guess I should live it up!! Wish family was around me, but I'll make do with clients in crisis, fun new-intern-friends, and thinking that my ACTUAL birthday is going to be Saturday. So, this is NOT the real world for me. The real world will consist of me going to work on my birthday, doing something I love, and then coming home to a husband, a house, 3 AWESOME cats (I dont care what you say), and a dog who would be very excited to see me!! I hope no one says "Welcome to the real world" when I discuss this, because, even though we are the most in-your-face, caring, loving, in-all-your-business, family that I love, I will punch you in the arm. You know that hurts.
the real world is overrated. i like your world better.
ReplyDeleteps- family, the "Jessie sits in silence" comment will be explained this weekend. out of context, it makes me sound crazy.. but i can't blame ali for that because it's her birthday.
love you guys!
It doesn't make you sound crazy! It makes you sound quiet.
ReplyDeleteNone of my girls ever sits in silence. Their eyes and facial expressions speak volumes. THanks for the family shout out, and also for the guilt that goes with not blogging on my own birthday. Love you all and SEE YOU SOON. xxx DAD
ReplyDelete