Thursday, August 27, 2009

I live in IL now... FML

I am in my new apartment. I will take a pic with my phone and put it on facebook, and if I can figure it out, here. But, Mom and dad have already seen it. Dad even twittered about the awesome-ness that is beneath us. Yes I mean that in both ways... I have a studio with a twin bed (fml), table, desk, and tv stand. I feel like I've downgraded a tad... Tomorrow I start my internship. I am excited because I get to go there, and then go right home! Yay! I seriously hate IL, and have no idea why people live here... If they do live here, I wonder why they are such ass holes while driving. I mean, seriously, I got cut off a lot when it was RAINING!!! Wtf?!?!? The phrase FIB is seriously under-reporting what they are. I hope this goes by fast. I know I will love where I work, it is just the time after work that is going to suck. I am taking adult ballet and adult lyrical jazz on monday nights. I found 2 classes back to back, so that is one night. I still need to find a gym with pilates on Tuesday and Thursday mornings, and something to do on Wednesday nights, and I am set!! I have never had it where all I did was work, and didn't go to school or have homework at night. I guess I picked a wonderful time and place to start this lifestyle! No friends, no knowledge of the town, yay. But, I'll adjust, I always do. Honestly, I am mostly upset about leaving my cat for a week! Sounds weird, but animals dont understand why you are leaving them over and over again, and Bugsy and I have been living together ever since he was 2 weeks old! (I MAY be slightly dependent on that cat... oh well) He will be coming down here with me sometimes, because I really cannot do this all year. At least I can talk on the phone with Tim! Plus, Tim will be busy with school and 2 jobs. He is probably going to get a bar tending job somewhere. ' I can't believe a WHOLE summer went by! Where were we?? Sisters, your blogging is redix. Yes, I said "redix." I am stuck in this apt, with new cable, dont know the channels, and you have no blogs at all?! send me a message about your life!!! I would love to listen, even though it is probably not as turned up-side-down as mine is right now! Unless you're pregnant... or engaged... well, that wouldn't change much, except a wonderful diamond ring and eventually better kitchen-ware... and mom and dad would FREAK OUT and tell you that you are too young... which you are... or you changed jobs... or you got a job... or changed schools... or suddenly grew an 11th finger... or found a green ring around your belly button... or moved to Elmhurst, IL... DID YOU!??!?! THAT WOULD ROCK!!! anyway, I am sure you think I'm weird right now, but what else can I do to entertain myself in a f'in studio?! Love and miss you TONS! Ali
P.S. Dad- no comments about the cat bit- It worries me when people do not relate to animals as you do not...

3 comments:

  1. Listen ms. doctor psychologist, thanks for the gratuitous diagnosis at the end of an otherwise hilarious and poignant post. You are on the path to success, starting again today. You will make friends in the program like you made at WSPP and they will explain why they live in ILL ANNOY, and maybe take you to special places you will like.

    When I came back to Milwaukee after college and law school, and started working at the US Attorney's office, the lawyers there (who became some of my best friends) introduced me to a whole new town I never knew, and I grew up there. I never knew there was a south side other then to drive through to the airport, for example. Elmhurst and that area is brand new to you, and you will find all the creature comoforts and people to hang with that you are open to finding.

    Mom and I envy you, as we remember the new beginnings, the early years, the excitement involved in being on your own and considered important and competent and looked up to as a professional. You are a star in the prime of life.

    Oh, and I'm guessing by Monday you will learn all the cable channels.

    Love xxx ooo DAD

    ReplyDelete
  2. what is this insinuation of preganancy and crazy horrible life events?

    Are you that bored that you're pushing these horrible ideas into mom and dad's heads?!

    Will blog tonight...I HAVE BIG NEWS!!!!!

    LOVE YOU MISS YOU DESPERATELY

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.