Friday, September 18, 2009

happy new year -- post 1

Hello troops. It's the beginning of the days of Awe. The weather here has been very LA like, no rain for 22 days and there won't be any for another couple. Ali is firmly out of town all week, now with cat (how about some blogging about Elmhurst Ali?) and that means we really are empty nesters. Of course we have much to remind us that you all are never far away, and that we have a major event upcoming, as the wedding return cards are coming in daily, and just about everyone is saying yes. What an event that is going to be!! Funny how people are coming we never see and they will all be there on a weekend where we can spend very little time with them!! The Bukeys are coming from Seattle; the Berlins from DC; the Grossmans from Chicago, haven't heard yet from the Melameds of Phoenix. Of course Mardee and Diane's families and I think all the cousins will be here too. Get ready for chaos, and won't that be fun.

We got in two late summer great days of waterskiing, and who knows, maybe we go to the lake saturday afternoon to spread bread on Rosh Ha Shonah....and SKI!!! The weather is supposed to be great. Of course we have to time going to Temple to make our 90 minutes include the Shofar blowing. I will miss snaking in and out of the congregation with all of you.

Cary Bachman was my gym teacher at Nicolet (also the tennis coach) and kind of a jerk. Sophomore year he opened class up behind the upstairs basketball bleachers. The sun was strong, Bachman's back was to the windows. He was shiny bald. I'll never forget his inspirational words:

"Boys, I never miss a chance to reflect."

Armin Taus and I broke up laughing, as we were being blinded every time he turned toward us by the sunshine reflecting off of his head. We got the first of many dirty looks from him that year.

SO, this is a time to reflect, a time to share feelings with all of you how much I love you and miss you and want the best for you, and to appreciate no matter what the challenges are, how good we all have it and how we should cherish our good health, good relationships, and good fortune. You are all doing such positive things and have such bright futures that it makes mom and I proud to be your parents.

I say keep it up, may the next year be even better for us than the last.

Special hugs to Jessie, Katie, Ben & Shawn who aren't with us for the holidays, I hope you all spend them doing something positive. Mom, Ali, Tim and I will spend part of our 90 minutes at Sinai thinking of you (and all the other time you are gone as well!!)

xxx OOO xxx DAD

3 comments:

  1. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What comment did JFK "remove"?????????????????????

    ReplyDelete
  3. Well, Temple didn't happen... But, I did think of you west coasters!! Dad- I will blog about the awesome-ness that is Elmhurst later...

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.