OK, it's getting ridiculous, apparently I am the only person in this greatest family ever who has anything to say. JK. Apparently, I am the only person not on Facebook besides Mom and therefore have no forum (other than 140 character Katie-less Twitter) to wax on and on.
So this weekend, best late November weather ever. I played nine holes of golf today, and I'm pleased to say I was in mid season form. Lousy. The Brynwood -- oops, Wisconsin Club -- course was in great shape even though my golf game wasn't.
Statement never heard at Brynwood before: new member from the Wisconsin Club downtown walks by with his clubs and tells his buddy: "Ya, I slept in too late to go deer hunting again this morning, so I decided to play golf." The winds of change...
I traveled to Evanston to take in the Northwestern/Badger game live, met up with Ed and Cathy Atkins (they are in deep like with you Katie, David, two friends and you are the only thing they like about USC), heard a loooong story from Cathy about how David and his roommate were almost evicted (I think it was last year, and she was re-telling this story why???), and watched a just terrible game on a nice day. From the Capitol One bowl to the toilet bowl.
Mom and I saw Blind Side in keeping with the football motif. Good movie. We saw it on opening night at Northtown out on 76th -- North Shore and the Ipic were sold out, Northtown was empty. Maybe it was because this movie, about a young huge abandoned black kid, was not flattering to black culture. He succeeds in spite of temptations in his community by living with a white family.
And today, Ali and Tim did Sunday night dinner. It just ended. It was delicious, complete with homemade apple/cranberry pie for dessert. If you can ignore three animals constantly in your face, lap and food (no, not Uncle Bill) it was great to see the wedding china and gifts in good use.
We're all tidying up here, set for a short week and the fun reunion to follow for turkey day. Please everybody be safe and travel well, and we'll pick up the adventures starting really early Wednesday morning, right Kates?
Love xxx ooo xxx DAD
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
there's not much to say about the badger game... except for i didn't know the atkins were out of hot water! i guess free football tix go a long way?
ReplyDelete"blind side" gets 72% on rottentomatoes.com (the best movie reviewing site i've come across)... so your opinion will make me use my discounted amc movie tickets (thanks costco!) to go see it tonight. ben won't see "new moon" with me...
not a fan of the brynwood/wisconsin club merger. that happened waaay too fast. newbies better not take over the exercising room, i don't know what i'll do if i have to share that room with more than just you and mom!
glad to see that ali is the one that is domesticated, and not me. HA! i only cook for 1 other person... you cook for 4+! with new china! mwahahhaha
...seriously just jealous that i missed that weight watchers food fest. love you ali
CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT CAN'T WAIT TO SEE YOU GUYS!!!!
ReplyDeleteGET READY FOR SOME FUN!
Ahhh some postings! Thanks girls, I speak to an adoring audience!! I am happy.
ReplyDeleteJezz, will you be cooking campfire food for us? Pick N Save is about a mile back and forth, and we'll give you some sturdy bags to carry the food.
Kates, you will have all night in the air to devise Kravitpalooza questions!!
Love, DAD
Jessie- You are totally more domesticated than I am! I just have better things to do it with!! If you didn't see that movie yet, I WANT TO GO!!
ReplyDeleteDad- Even if you were on facebook, the statuses are still the same. You'd just read more about Katie going to some AEPI party, Boom Boom, me being annoyed about being in IL, and Jessie taking other people's pictures and reposting them as her own. I like this blog much better.
I CAN'T WAIT TO GET HOME AND GET THIS WEEKEND STARTED!! I am thankful that I don't have to go to IL this year!! YAY! But c'mon, it would have been ridiculous! LETS EAT!
Amen girl, love having the the chicks return to the nest.
ReplyDelete