Wednesday, December 9, 2009

I'm the only Jew in DuPage County!

Hey fam!

So... I'm the only Jew in DuPage County, and they are now officially out of Hanukkah cards! Went to Kohls to get some stuff, and was looking for some cards for the people in my office, and what do you know? They had 4, yes 4, different cards under a section called "Winter Occasions." That is it... Then I went to Dominicks, which is right next store, to their card aisle.... They had 2, yes 2, different cards from the ones at Kohls, and also under the same heading. When I asked customer service if they maybe had a Dreidel, the lady looked at me like I was an alien. Seriously, full head tilt to the side, wide eyes, shocked look. I bought my Hanukkah cards, still 4 short, and went on my way. One lonely Jew in one big county. Good thing I dont "look Jewish," otherwise people would stop and stare. It could cause traffic accidents.

So, that's my story for the day. It sucks here... Again. I hate this room. I am making collages though, something to tape to the wall, something to do at night. My clients are all ok. I have one girl that is on Probation, but it is Adult probation, so there are no restrictions on her except she can't get arrested again, and cannot have drugs in her system, if they ever decide to drug test her... She is still disobeying the rules, getting suspended from school, a true budding anti-social/narcissist. Grandmother/mother is pleading for help, but there is nothing to do because there are no outside consequences! Definitely frustrating.
I have another client who reports abuse by mom's boyfriend when she takes her sons to her boyfriend's house, but since there are no marks, and we dont know where he lives, his name, etc. it just continues! Also frustrating. The rest of my clients are really cool, rewarding, and fun! They love the games and are able to come up with the examples of why we're doing what we're doing for the day! Yay!
Three... Count them, THREE people in my office are leaving. One put in her resignation at a very horrible time, one is on bed rest because of pregnancy, and one is about to give birth yesterday! We were told to close out any client that is not consistent, and move them out! We have to take ALL their clients! I will be working a lot during the week, because I am definitely NOT giving up my flex time!! I'll make it work!
I am bored... Need things to do... When are we celebrating Hanukkah?! I can't wait for all of us to be together again! I am so jealous that Jessie gets to be at home ):
So, that's all for now. Dr. Ackerman finally got on the ball and called the other psychologist, so my dissertation data is finally going to be sent out for me to finish the damn thing! Yay! Can't wait for the weekend!!!!! 175 more weekdays in IL!! YES!

Love you all! --- Ali

1 comment:

  1. You are wandering through the desert looking for the Promised Land, that's what Jews do. Think of the other Jew in the county who is now pissed because you bought all four of the Chanukah cards! He/she was counting on those four cards, and now has to travel to Highland Park!!

    I love how you write. Keep it up. xxx DAD

    ReplyDelete

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.